With the increasing threat of ransomware attacks, colleges and universities need to reassess their disaster recovery plans and business continuity strategies in order to ensure their faculty, staff, and students’ data remains safe. They also need to find ways to balance one of higher ed’s core strengths – its openness – with the need for security.
Today, more than ever, protecting your data and mitigating data loss is top of mind. This article recaps the third webinar in the Qumulo Higher Ed Qonversations series where we discuss how cloud-based disaster recovery (DR) as-a-service offerings can complement on-premises DR to help campuses mitigate data loss and the threat posed by ransomware.
Balancing an Open Campus with the Need to Help Protect Data from Ransomware
Watch the webinar replay of this session, to hear David Sniderman, Product Marketing Leader at Qumulo and me discuss ransomware and other malware, and suggest ways to help your campus protect your users’ data from attacks. You’ll learn how:
- Ransomware is on the rise across Higher Education institutions and the threat it poses to traditionally open college and university campuses
- Qumulo Recover Q helps protect mission-critical data with the 4 pillars of a holistic defense: defend, detect, recover, and resume
- Colleges and universities can leverage on-premises datacenter infrastructure or public cloud infrastructure as part of their disaster recovery plans
- Disaster Recovery as-a-Service can provide a strategic layer of defense hosted in the public cloud
Qumulo Recover Q Complements Your Business Continuity Strategy
Qumulo Recover Q is a flexible cloud disaster recovery solution that fits into any existing business continuity strategy. Using Recover Q in the cloud can help your college or university optimize spending for disaster recovery by reducing on-premises costs in favor of an on demand, cloud-native service. Recover Q is a part of comprehensive defense-in-depth strategies designed to help protect data from ransomware and mitigate ransomware attacks. Active protection features help your campus ensure data safety and integrity, while built-in snapshot and cloud replication features add layers of defense against real-world threats.
Upcoming Higher Ed Qonversations
Join us for more Higher Ed Qonversations – featuring technology experts from Qumulo, our partners, and IT experts at colleges and universities sharing their use cases and results on campus. Next up on the Higher Ed series schedule, we’ll discuss how campuses can best support PACS imaging – including clinical and medical use cases as well as research in fields as wide-ranging as archaeology and veterinary medicine.
Medical and Research Imaging — Higher Ed Qumulo Qonversation
Wednesday, November 10, 2021 at 10am – 10:30am PT
Register to attend the live session
In case you missed previous webinar sessions, we’ve posted the video replays on a Qumulo Higher Ed Playlist on our YouTube channel so you can watch them on demand.
Please reach out to me at: email@example.com to suggest a topic you’re interested in or if you have a story to share in a future Higher Ed Qonversation.
- Related article: How to Leverage the Cloud for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Ransomware Infographic: What is Ransomware and How to Detect It
- Solution page: Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery to Guard Against Ransomware