Yesterday Qumulo announced that the Azure Native Qumulo Scalable File Service is generally available in the Microsoft Azure portal. The HIPAA compliant service is a huge milestone for the company and welcome news to healthcare organizations interested in quickly and cost-effectively moving workloads to the cloud.
Cyber attacks are a growing problem for every industry, including healthcare, so it’s more vital than ever for cloud-based storage solutions to be HIPAA-compliant to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and security of patient data. Azure Native Qumulo Scalable File Service enables healthcare organizations to leverage the advantages of the cloud with on-demand speed, simplicity, and elasticity — achieving the same performance and control as their on-premises deployments.
Azure Native Qumulo Scalable File Service provides:
- Compliance – Provides strong data encryption and access controls to help healthcare organizations meet regulatory requirements and protect electronically protected health information (ePHI) patient data.
- Scalability – Handles exabytes of data making it useful for healthcare organizations with growing data storage needs.
- Performance – Offers high-performance file storage, enabling healthcare organizations to access and manage patient data quickly and efficiently.
Of particular interest to healthcare organizations, Azure Native Qumulo Scalable File Service enables the high performance and low latency needed for PACS (vendor neutral archives), clinical trial data, digital pathology images, Epic BLOB data, and more. It also delivers a frictionless procurement and deployment process with predictable costs, and eliminates the overprovisioning concerns of other cloud-file solutions.
Azure Native Qumulo Scalable File Service benefits:
- HIPAA compliant
- Consolidated storage for disparate imaging systems
- Frictionless clinician workflow with rapid imaging retrieval
- One bill – all-inclusive managed service
- Rapid time-to-value – deploy right from the Microsoft Azure portal in minutes
- Unlimited scale — from a few terabytes to exabytes, all in a single namespace
- No compromise — the same full-featured, enterprise-grade file system in the cloud as on-premise
- Simplified access — multi-protocol support for file-based and object-based workloads
- Seamless data mobility — built-in native replication between on-premises or other clouds
- Real time data visibility supports better predictability and cost control