Video surveillance file storage made radically simpleEliminate the storage siloes and disparate management of legacy systems. Qumulo helps ensure video data is always available when your applications and users need it. Let's Talk
Video surveillance data is being created faster than ever
- A single 4K camera can generate up to 250GB per day
- 80% more cameras installed from 2015 to 2021**
- Retention periods can vary widely from a few days to over a year
**Beyond the Numbers, Bureau of Labor Statistics report, 2021
Growth and variety of data creates management complexity
1000s of cameras and feeds
Continuous video feeds of varying quality on legacy systems result in data or quality loss.
Storage sprawl & management silos
Legacy systems scale rigidly and make it hard to predict capacity needs.
Security & downtime risk
Complex management increases risk of downtime or data loss making compliance difficult to achieve.
Why Qumulo for VSS workloads
- Start small and scale incrementally
- 40PB and billions of files in a single namespace
- Performance increases with capacity to eliminate bottlenecks
Performance AND value
- No trade-offs between speed or costs
- Hybrid NVMe delivers economy of disk with the performance of flash
- 80% of reads and 100% of writes go flash-first
More secure, minimal downtime
- Achieve 99.999% uptime
- Highly secure with encryption at rest and in flight
- Integrated real-time data analytics eliminates blind spots
“The safety and security of our guests and employees is a top priority for us and Qumulo’s technology has certainly helped us enhance those efforts. Though this sort of deployment may not be something people see, it allows us the capacity and capability to be more effective & efficient in our workflow.”
– Jim Mercurio, Executive VP & General Manager of Levi’s Stadium
“Moving from no analytics on the legacy systems to rich analytics on Qumulo has been a game-changer. All the events, file copies, moves, and creates were hard-to-impossible to see before. Now that we have that kind of information available to us, we are able to improve our day-to-day operations and better plan for the future.”
– David Emery, Supervising Systems Administrator, Riverside County Sheriff’s Department
“It’s important that we have a storage system that is always available. Because if the storage system is down, we lose video recording. Which means something might not be recorded that should have been – that’s a big issue for us. It was key that if there were to be a disk or node failure, that the system could still receive video data from the video surveillance system, versus not being available to receive data.”
– Jared Ganske, Network and Infrastructure Manager, Weber School District
Wide ecosystem support
Qumulo supports any IP-based camera and integrates with leading VMS solutions.
Unify storage in surveillance workflows
See what simplifying VSS workflows with Qumulo looks like.