Record-breaking results in software subscription billings, cloud billings, and customer adoption as the growth of unstructured data increases exponentially
SEATTLE – Feb. 8, 2022 – Qumulo, the leader in data storage and management at scale, today announced record growth for its fiscal year 2022 (“FY22”), which ended January 31, 2022. The company also today unveiled Qumulo Core® 5.0, its latest software release. Qumulo’s record-breaking performance resulted in an increase of 75% sequential growth in billings from Q3 to Q4, demonstrating accelerated momentum driven by customer demand and Qumulo’s best quarter ever in overall billings, software subscription billings, and cloud billings. It also shattered its previous record for annual software subscription billings, and growth in customer adoption – adding over 200 new customers and increasing its customer base by more than 40%. Global organizations from nearly 50 countries and 6 continents rely on Qumulo® to store over 2 exabytes of data, more than double its previous annual record of data under management.
“The emergence of unstructured data as a strategic source of value for customers and the clear business results unequivocally validates Qumulo’s strategy and technology,” said Bill Richter, CEO of Qumulo. “Our customers are combining unstructured data with modern AI/ML techniques, computer vision, and mass scale automation to increase production in factories, launch rockets into space, and accelerate drug discovery for diseases that impact every one of us. Qumulo makes it wildly simple for our customers to transform today’s data into tomorrow’s innovations.”
Qumulo Core 5.0
The launch of Qumulo Core 5.0 marks the 75th delivery of new innovation to Qumulo customers in the last two years. Highlights include:
- Qumulo-as-a-Service on Azure: Build multi-petabyte file data lakes on Azure with the simplicity of a service.
- Qumulo Shift for AWS S3: Easily export and import data to and from S3 while leaving data in its native object format.
- Qumulo on HPE and Supermicro all-NVMe: Offers an entirely new choice for all-flash file workloads.
- NFSv4.1 Support: Enjoy a simple-to-manage multi-protocol permissions management experience.
- NVMe-Hybrid: Enables the high performance of NVMe at the cost of dense disk.
“With Qumulo we are equipped with the freedom, speed and performance we need to rapidly innovate and transform our data into business value in any environment,” said Sundhar Rajan, CIO of Casepoint. Casepoint is a leader in cloud-based legal technology solutions.
Fiscal Year 2022 Milestones
- Massive Scale: With the average Qumulo deployment now surpassing 1 petabyte in size, and with more than 350 billion files stored by its customers, Qumulo is becoming the world’s de facto storage solution for scale.
- Relentless Innovation: Qumulo was awarded seven new patents in the last 12 months for innovations for its file system and analytics, replication, and cloud technologies – bringing its total patent count to 35.
- Customer Delight: Qumulo achieved a net promoter score (NPS) of 89, more than 2 times the industry average.
- Expanded Global Partnerships: Qumulo grew its roster of new partners, bolstered its strategic partnership with HPE, and added partner Supermicro, among others, to its growing ecosystem.
- Industry Accolades: For the fourth year in a row, Qumulo was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Distributed File Systems and Object Storage. Qumulo received a rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars in the Gartner Peer Insights’ Distributed File Systems and Object Storage market. In addition, the company was recognized for outstanding innovation by the CRN Tech Innovators, GeekWire and DCS Awards.
To find out how easy it is to bring your data to life with Qumulo, contact us or request a demo.
Tweet This: @Qumulo posts record-breaking results fueled by customer adoption and exponential unstructured data growth; company unveils Qumulo Core 5.0 https://ter.li/ovrnt0
Learn More About the Qumulo File Data Platform
Find Out Why Unstructured Data Matters
Try Qumulo Today
About Qumulo, Inc.
Qumulo is the breakthrough leader in simplifying data management in its native file form at a massive scale across hybrid-cloud environments. Its high-performance file data platform is designed to store, manage and create workflows and applications with data in its native file form at massive scale on prem and in the public cloud. Qumulo is trusted by Fortune 500 companies, major film and animation studios, and some of the largest research facilities in the world to easily manage the full data lifecycle from ingestion, transformation, publishing and archiving with cost-effective capacity, dynamic scalability, automatic encryption, real-time visibility and an advanced API that enables customers to easily integrate Qumulo into their ecosystem and workflows. www.qumulo.com.
Qumulo, Qumulo Core and the Qumulo logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Qumulo, Inc. All other marks and names herein may be trademarks of other companies. Copyright © 2022. All Rights Reserved.
For further information:
Stacey Collins Burbach