This marks the 10<sup>th</sup> award Qumulo has received since launching out of stealth in March 2015 — underscoring the company’s continued innovation as it solves problems in storage that have never been solved before and aims to become the company the world trusts to store, manage, and curate its data forever.
Qumulo Core was selected a winner by TechTarget SearchStorage and Storage Magazine editorial teams and other industry experts for its technological innovation, based on the following five criteria:
- Performance: Designed for petabyte-scale deployments, Qumulo Core storage is designed to intelligently manage billions of data objects. “Scale-out NAS meets data management, analytics and storage resource management. Very innovative,” is how one judge described Qumulo Core.
- Ease of integration: Qumulo Core is a software-only installation that runs atop a Linux-based hybrid flash storage system on pre-validated commodity hardware, dedicated servers or virtual machines.
- Ease of use: Qumulo Core’s analytics are embedded within data and storage, enabling users to easily identify their most valuable data, see where it is stored and how it is being accessed, as well as orchestrate for archiving, backing up or deleting files.
- Functionality: A Qumulo Core cluster scales from four nodes to more than 1,000 nodes, creating a single file system and single global namespace. Nodes get added non-disruptively for linear scaling of storage capacity and storage performance.
- Value: Qumulo’s software-as-a-service delivery model is sold as an annual subscription. Entry pricing for a four-node 100TB raw capacity Qumulo QC24 hybrid storage cluster begins at $50,000. Another judge praised Qumulo Core for its “great value and innovative data utilization.”
“We’re thrilled that Qumulo Core is a Gold winner of TechTarget’s SearchStorage Products of the Year,” said Brett Goodwin, VP of Marketing for Qumulo. “Our customers value the ability to answer questions about their data footprint and storage performance in real-time, the flexibility to scale-out to store billions of small and large files, and the simplicity of an easy to use software-only solution.”
Qumulo Core is currently in production in commercial high performance computing (HPC) and large-scale unstructured data environments, with customers including Ant Farm, Atomic Fiction, Blind Studios, Densho, FotoKem, Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) at the University of Washington, Sinclair Oil, Sportvision, TELUS Studios, UConn Health, University of Utah Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute, ZOIC Studios, and many others.
To view the full list of 2015 Storage Magazine Products of the Year award winners, please visit: http://bit.ly/1Sm5Yby.
Qumulo Core is available now – we invite you to schedule a personal demo.
Suggested Tweet: #QumuloCore named a Gold winner in @SearchStorageTT Products of the Year Awards http://qumulo.com/2508
Qumulo enables enterprises to manage and store billions of digital assets with real-time visibility and control built directly into the file system. Going past the design limitations of legacy NAS, Qumulo Core is modern scale-out storage for the new era of multi-petabyte data footprints on premises and in the cloud. It is used by the leaders of data-intensive industries. Founded in 2012 by the inventors of scale-out NAS, Qumulo has attracted a world-class team of innovators, investors and partners. For more information, visit www.qumulo.com.
Tanya Espe Carlsson
Kulesa Faul for Qumulo