Qumulo, pioneer of the world’s first data-aware scale-out NAS, today announced its presence at SIGGRAPH 2015, taking place from August 9-13, 2015 in Los Angeles. The company will be sponsoring, exhibiting and demonstrating its Qumulo Core software. In addition, Michael Bott, principal systems engineer at Qumulo, will present on accelerating digital media with data-aware scale-out NAS.
What: “Accelerating Digital Media With Data-Aware Scale-Out NAS” session
When: Wednesday, Aug. 12, 2015, 10:30 – 11:30 am PDT
Who: Michael Bott, principal systems engineer at Qumulo
Where: Room 501, Los Angeles Convention Center
Presentation Summary: During this talk, Bott will discuss the crucial role of storage infrastructure in the media and entertainment world, and examine the rapidly growing need to store, manage and curate large libraries of media content. Attendees will walk away with an understanding of how data-aware scale-out NAS can increase the business value of their media assets.
Throughout the event, Qumulo will also provide live demonstrations of its flagship solution Qumulo Core. To receive a demo of Qumulo Core and learn more about how Qumulo helps enable next-generation media & entertainment workflows, attendees can visit booth #1114.
Qumulo Core builds real-time data analytics directly into storage, giving enterprises an unprecedented view of their data and storage resources at scale. Key benefits of Qumulo Core include:
- Real-time analytics – Qumulo Core doesn’t just store data, but also curates and manages it.
- Software-only solution – Qumulo Core runs on commodity hardware, on dedicated appliances, or in virtual machines.
- Flash-first hybrid design – Maximizes both price/performance and price/capacity.
- SaaS software delivery model – Pay-as-you-go for continual infrastructure software innovation.
- No compromise storage – Optimized for the widest range of workloads and file sizes.
- 100% programmable – Public and self-documenting REST API with interactive API explorer built into the web UI.
Connect with Qumulo at SIGGRAPH 2015
Qumulo enables enterprises to manage and store billions of digital assets with real-time visibility and control built directly into the file system. Going past the design limitations of legacy NAS, Qumulo Core is modern scale-out storage for the new era of multi-petabyte data footprints on premises and in the cloud. It is used by the leaders of data-intensive industries. Founded in 2012 by the inventors of scale-out NAS, Qumulo has attracted a world-class team of innovators, investors and partners. For more information, visit www.qumulo.com.
Tanya Espe Carlsson
Kulesa Faul for Qumulo