Qumulo’s No Compromise Solution Delivers Industry’s Highest Performance and Scale at Lowest Cost
SEATTLE – April 4, 2018 – Qumulo, the leader in universal-scale file storage, resets expectations for all-flash storage with the release of the Qumulo P-series. The P-series combines Qumulo File Fabric (QF2) software with the market’s most advanced hardware components, including high-speed NVMe, Intel Skylake SP processors, high-bandwidth Intel SSDs and the latest 100GbE networking. QF2 on the Qumulo P-series outperforms proprietary all-flash hardware and marks a new era of high performance on industry-standard components. The Qumulo P-series delivers 16GBs per second in a minimum configuration four-node system with the best price performance of any all-flash file storage solution.
“The storage industry has been doing all-flash all wrong. By focusing scarce development resources on low-volume, proprietary hardware, all-flash storage vendors are holding customers back from benefitting from the tremendous innovation we’ve seen in the overall market for advanced server components,” said Peter Godman, co-founder and CTO of Qumulo. “Customers end up paying more and getting less, while being locked into designs that are obsolete the day they ship. QF2 software unlocks the power of advanced hardware components to create the world’s fastest and most scalable file system. The Qumulo P-series demolishes the myth that custom hardware is required for best-in-class performance by delivering up to four times the performance of proprietary all-flash appliances on a per-node basis.”
- Highest Performance All-Flash Storage. The Qumulo P-Series provides an ultra-high performance NVMe all-flash file storage solution. With throughput of 4GB/s per node, or 16GB/s for a minimum-configuration four-node cluster, QF2 NVMe all-flash is the world’s highest performance file storage system. The Qumulo P-Series serves the world’s most demanding workloads, including next-generation genomic sequencing and analysis, uncompressed 4K editorial, scientific computing and large-scale datasets for machine learning applications.
- NVMe Flash Performance without Compromise. Running QF2 on the Qumulo P-series delivers the highest performance and all the advanced enterprise features QF2 is known for. These include real-time visibility and control regardless of the size of the file system, real-time capacity quotas, continuous replication, support for both SMB and NFS protocols, complete programmability with REST APIs, ultra-fast rebuild times and much more. Customers benefit from NVMe all-flash performance without compromising enterprise features.
- Industry’s Only Cloud-Integrated All-Flash Storage. High-performance workloads don’t exist in isolation. File-based data that fuels them comes from many places in an organization, including from workloads in the public cloud. While flash has many benefits, defining storage based on proprietary storage appliances results in data silos. QF2, which can run on premises and in the cloud, uses continuous replication to create a data fabric that interconnects every QF2 cluster, whether it’s all-flash, hybrid SSD/HDD, or running on EC2 instances in AWS.
- Most Scalable All-Flash Storage. QF2 allows the modern enterprise to easily represent and manage file sets numbering in the billions of files, in any operating environment, anywhere in the world.
- Best Price Performance of Any Scalable All-Flash Storage. The Qumulo P-series shatters the price performance barrier of legacy all-flash storage systems. Built for demanding workloads today and in the future, it will widen the performance gap over time with continuous software innovation and rapid improvements in standard hardware components and commodity economics.
Qumulo has been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the visionaries quadrant of the 2017 Magic Quadrant for Distributed File Systems and Object Storage. To download a complimentary copy of the report, please visit https://qumulo.com/gartner-magic-quadrant/.
● Try QF2
● QF2 on AWS
● Qumulo Blog
● Qumulo on Twitter