How To Guides
Analytics —Throughput hot spots
Analytics lets you identify the throughput hot spots in your storage system.
- On the main dashboard, point to Analytics and click Throughput Hot Spots.
- You will see a graph of the most active directories, in terms of bandwidth throughput, in the file system.
The graph shows the read and/or write activity of the most active directories. Read activity is represented by purple striped bars and write activity is represented by green striped bars.
- You can see just the read or write activity by unchecking the appropriate box in the upper right hand side. In this example, both activities are selected.
- To see additional detail about a directory, hover over it with the mouse.
In this example, hovering over /CERT_ROOT/Export-6 shows that it accounts for 9% (161 MB/s) of the total file system throughput displayed.
- If the cluster is particularly active, you can adjust the level of detail with the slider.
- To pause the display, select the Auto-refresh Off radio button.