Qumulo’s File Storage System
Contents of this guide
- Overview of the Qumulo file system
- What’s included in Qumulo subscription?
- Your choice of environments
- Real-time quotas
- Continuous replication
- Scalable Block Store (SBS)
- Data protection with erasure coding
- Hot/cold tiering for read/write optimization
- Protocol support
- REST API
Qumulo’s file system includes a comprehensive REST API.
In fact, all the information represented in the Qumulo GUI is generated from calls to the Qumulo REST API. A tab within the GUI provides a self-documenting resource of the available REST API calls.
You can experiment with the API by executing calls against the live cluster and inspecting the requests and results in real-time. Here is screenshot example:
All of the information presented in the Analytics tab in the GUI can be programmatically retrieved with REST calls against the API, and stored externally in a database or sent to another application such as Splunk or Tableau.
Most file system operations can also be invoked with the REST API.