As 2020 draws to a close, it’s a time for many of us to reflect on the milestones that were accomplished throughout the year. It’s also an excellent opportunity to catch up on reading during winter breaks and vacations!
To that end, we’ve put together a list of the top five Qumulo blogs from 2020 below – a selection that covers our “greatest hits” of product innovation, corporate growth, cloud leadership and industry momentum.
None of this would have been possible without our amazing customers and partners around the world, so thank you all for a wonderful year!
This post from Senior Product Marketing Manager Paula Dallabetta offers five considerations for organizations looking at Dell EMC PowerScale (formally Isilon) for their file or unstructured data storage:
1. Can you really use 100% of the usable storage capacity you buy? You shouldn’t have to choose between utilization and performance.
2. Is your productivity being hampered by incessant tree walks and complex management? By their very nature, extensive and time-consuming tree walks are often outdated by the time they finish, if they finish at all.
3. Are you being held hostage with vendor lock-in nickel and dime-ing? Being locked into a single vendor’s solutions prevents you from taking advantage of new technologies and limits how easily you can adapt to a changing world.
4. Do they have a real path to the cloud? Having a different file system in the cloud than the one you have on-prem is sub-optimal.
5. Is your current customer experience painful? Do you feel like just a number? At Qumulo, helping our customers be successful is what we are all about, and what our entire company is focused on.
In July, Qumulo announced a $125M fundraise at a $1.2B valuation – Qumulo CEO Bill Richter talks in this post about the industry drivers impacting our customers and their IT infrastructures, the growth and importance of file data, and what’s ahead for Qumulo.
“With the advent of cloud computing and through the power of software, we now have the ability to service…enterprise applications – and the large file data sets they generate – in a completely new way. Qumulo recognized early on that the cloud and the concept of treating infrastructure as software could revolutionize the way developers build and manage their file data-intensive applications across private and public clouds.
Qumulo exists for one reason: to offer customers the capability, choice, and freedom to unleash the power of their file data.”
Molly Presley, who heads up Qumulo’s global product marketing efforts, provides context about our November launch where we introduced a suite of data services to help customers simplify the complexity of their infrastructure, accelerate innovation, and unleash the power of their data, wherever it resides.
- We believe the performance of NVMe should be available to everyone. Qumulo introduced NVMe Cached Performance – significantly lowering the cost of performance.
- We believe you should not be held back from having access to the latest technology. Qumulo introduced Qumulo Dynamic Scale – leverage new processor, storage and memory innovation to scale existing deployments.
- We believe all data should be encrypted. Qumulo® Secure now offers automated data encryption, for free.
- We believe you should never spend your weekend doing upgrades. Instant Upgrade for Qumulo Core now has 20-second upgrades with no need for maintenance windows.
- We believe your data should not be held hostage by vendors. Qumulo Shift simplifies the transformation of data from file to object now with a new visual interface
In October, we discovered that good things come in 3s! In this blog, Molly Presley explains the factors that led Gartner to position Qumulo in the Leaders quadrant for the last three years:
“We believe this achievement reflects the value of our unique software-defined, cloud-native unstructured file architecture coupled with an unwavering commitment to deliver a customer success experience that delights our users.
We want to thank our customers for relying on Qumulo to help them manage more than a billion files. Customers like Ellie Mae, FuseFX, Hyundai MOBIS, San Diego Supercomputer Center, Sinclair Oil, University of Florida and so many more chose Qumulo to help them massively simplify the process for storing, managing, and building with unstructured file data.”
Our Customers Asked, We Delivered: What Qumulo’s AWS GovCloud (US) News Means for Regulated Public and Private Sector Organizations
In July, Qumulo’s file data platform became available in AWS Marketplace for AWS GovCloud (US). Chief Revenue Officer Craig Bumpus blogged about what the news meant for our customers.
“Government agencies and organizations running mission-critical workloads need the ability to consolidate, analyze, and collaborate on massive unstructured data across on-prem and in the cloud.
“With Qumulo’s file data platform, now available in AWS GovCloud, organizations that require higher compliance baselines such as FedRAMP or CJIS can leverage cloud-native applications and services to provide data-driven outcomes and retain massive quantities of unstructured data securely.”
Beth Mayer is the Lead Content Marketing Manager for Qumulo, and has more than than 15 years of strategic communications and content development experience with both public and private technology companies.