Qumulo’s customers have asked us to offer our platform in AWS GovCloud (US), and we’ve done just that. Today we are excited to announce that Qumulo’s file data platform is now available in AWS Marketplace for AWS GovCloud (US). Additionally, to ensure the security of our customers’ data, we are working with Corsec Security, Inc. to pursue FIPS 140-2 Level 1 and Common Criteria EAL2+ security validation of Qumulo’s software on all supported platforms.
What does this mean for our customers?
Qumulo’s AWS GovCloud (US) offering provides federal, state, and local agencies and organizations the powerful file data platform they need to enable file-based data workflows inheriting the compliance standards from the AWS GovCloud (US) region and cloud services (including FedRAMP HIGH, CJIS, or DoD SRG impact levels 2, 4, 5).
Also, Qumulo’s AWS Marketplace listings simplify software procurement for government and enterprise organizations by allowing the consumption of Qumulo services on any approved AWS contracts and vehicles that customers may already have in place. Organizations are able to test Qumulo’s file data platform via the AWS GovCloud (US).
We are proud to be working with several public sector organizations on a wide range of use cases. For example:
- National Renewable Energy Labs (NREL) – Using Qumulo’s file data platform for its Computational Science Center to manage research data for renewable energy scientists
- University of Florida – Qumulo’s file data platform is enabling the University’s research faculty to create, manage and share huge data sets for research that will help find the next answer, the next cure, and the next forward innovation.
- San Diego Supercomputing Center – Qumulo is part of the managed service offering provided by SDSC, delivering compute, storage and data tools to power performance modeling, data mining, and predictive analytics workloads for the Center’s research clients.
- Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute (SCI Institute) – Qumulo’s file system helps SCI Institute to accelerate image analysis and visualization for leading edge medical research.
- Utah’s Weber School District – Our platform helps the District to ensure student and faculty safety with innovative video surveillance and security solutions.
These leading organizations are leveraging Qumulo’s file data platform to scale to billions of files, and tens of petabytes, with a simple and efficient management interface, as well as an API and CLI for automated configuration management.
“Selecting Qumulo takes the guesswork out of our data management and makes us more efficient when scheduling diagnostic operations,” said Erik Deumens, scientist and director, University of Florida Information Technology – Research Computing. “We find the Qumulo system to be rich in features and easy to work with. It is a very cost-effective solution so that we are making the best use of university funds.”
Today’s news compliments our recent announcement around Qumulo Shift for Amazon S3. Qumulo Shift for Amazon S3 further enables data-driven workflows, allowing our customers to copy data from Qumulo file platform running in a private cloud or public cloud, to AWS S3 object, enabling data access to the full suite of cloud-native applications such as machine learning and artificial intelligence services. This means our customers get the best of both worlds – using high-performance file where it fits best, and data-in-object when needed.
Qumulo Shift for Amazon S3 brings the power of data and application innovation, and effective collaboration for devOps to organizations with sensitive data via AWS GovCloud (US).
Qumulo SHIFT for Amazon S3
Regardless of whether your data is maintained in a private cloud, or in the public cloud, we at Qumulo are committed to making data security a key element of our file data platform.
Interested in learning more? If you deal with highly regulated and sensitive data, visit Qumulo.com or contact us for a demo.
Craig Bumpus is Qumulo’s Chief Revenue Officer, with more than 27 years of go-to-market strategy, channel development, sales enablement, technical sales, operations, customer success and professional services experience. Craig is responsible for accelerating Qumulo’s revenue growth, driving adoption of Qumulo as a data platform in both public and private clouds, and scaling a global organization to service customers across the Americas, EMEA and Asia.