For the public and private sectors, and highly regulated organizations that deal with sensitive data security challenges, the need to manage mission-critical data securely, at scale, and across cloud environments is accelerating now more than ever.
The public cloud has become a key innovation driver for federal, state, and local government agencies as well as other public sector organizations.
Top Benefits of Cloud Adoption for Government Organizations
Deloitte Insights cited several factors for government organizations moving to the cloud. Based on a survey of federal IT leaders conducted by Deloitte and the Government Business Council:
- Cost reductions/savings (45%)
- Improved organizational efficiency (43%)
- Expanded data sharing capabilities (42%)
- Data center consolidation (34%)
- Improvements in advanced analytics (17%)
And there’s another crucial benefit for how cloud-based technologies are impacting the public sector – as an opportunity to transform business models and innovation.
The cloud enables digital transformation and innovation in several ways, enabling organizations to:
- Set the stage for future growth and emerging tech. The public cloud creates the “foundational setting for emerging technologies that governments are increasingly using such as AI, robotic process automation, the Internet of Things, and big data analytics, “ according to Deloitte Insights.
- Re-imagine collaboration. Government agencies and organizations running mission-critical workloads need the ability to consolidate, analyze, and collaborate on massive unstructured data across on-prem and in the cloud. “The heart of cloud’s ability to catalyze innovation is its ability to connect a wider ecosystem of partners that includes developers, designers, researchers, and other government agencies,” according to Deloitte. “Now, housed in the cloud, those innovations can be available to all, and participants enjoy new opportunities for collaboration.”
- Eliminate data blindness. As machine-driven data continues to rise, data awareness has become an imperative for public and private sector organizations. Users need visibility and insights about their data in real-time regardless of file and directory numbers.
- Ensure adherence to security, regulatory and compliance regulations. Public sector organizations have unique data challenges. AWS GovCloud (US) provides support for highly-regulated workloads in an extremely secure and isolated cloud infrastructure. It is designed to address specific regulatory and compliance requirements of US government agencies at the federal, state, and local level, as well as contractors, educational institutions, and other U.S. customers that run sensitive workloads in the cloud. AWS GovCloud (US) is compliant with the most stringent regulations, including FedRAMP, DOD Security Requirements Guide and HIPAA.
Qumulo’s file data platform services have expanded access in the AWS Marketplace as part of AWS GovCloud (US). Our file data platform helps public sector and regulated organizations face specific data storage and management challenges such as ensuring security for sensitive data, compliance requirements, digital transformation mandates, and the continuous explosion of data volumes.
On Thursday, Sept. 24, Qumulo will be hosting an educational webinar that will discuss how organizations can “Accelerate digital transformation and address data compliance requirements with Qumulo in AWS GovCloud (US).”
Join us for a discussion with: Steve Noel, Territory Account Manager, Federal, at Qumulo, Tim Kresler, Director of Systems Engineering at Qumulo and Mathew Soltis, VP, Cloud Sales and Customer Engagement at Qumulo, for a lively discussion of how Qumulo in AWS GovCloud (US) can accelerate your digital transformation and address compliance mandates, for many types of data driven workloads. Register here!